Saturday, July 31, 2010

Keeping my promise

So you see the tomatoes right? Well, this may be a silly post but so what I want to share this anyway. :) A few months back before my husband was deployed to Afghanistan he decided to try to grow some tomatoes. Now we've tried to grow them before but no luck, as we both say we don't have a green thumb. He was so determined to grow his tomatoes he would go out everyday and water them with Miracle Grow and treat the plant with such love. I thought to myself "Wow he's taking this growing tomatoes thing way too far"- to our surprise the darn plant BLOOMED and I mean bloomed! We must have about 45 tomatoes on it. Before he deployed he was able to eat a few and OMG if you've never had home grown tomatoes you are so missing out! They taste NOTHING like the ones sold at your local grocery store. He asked me to please after he left keep watering the tomatoes go out there and treat the plant nice and it will reproduce the most fabulous tomatoes I've ever ate. I went outside yesterday because I had not watered the plant in 3 days (do to massive rain) and to my surprise 6 tomatoes were ready to be picked! They were nice and red and I felt SO proud that my husband had nursed this plant and now its giving us the most delicious tomatoes we've ever ate. I emailed him a picture of the tomatoes I picked to Afghanistan and all he said was "You kept your promise" I promised him I'd take care of his plant and make sure we kept growing some fabulous tomatoes.

It is really amazing what a military wife will promise to a husband and keep her promise while he's away. Its the little things. This isn't something major for a lot of you and some may be like why in the world would she post this- I am posting it because I am proud that I've kept my promise to my husband. So here it is folks the fruits of our labor.

No comments: